Niagara Hall

Niagara Hall is a traditional residence hall and offers double rooms and a common bathroom on each wing. Niagara Hall was constructed in 1968, renovated in 2004, and houses 208 students.

Niagara Hall is named after the Brig Niagara, the ship that Commodore Perry was commanding to win the Battle of Lake Erie. The brig was launched on June 4, 1813, and was commanded by Captain Jesse D. Elliott. During the battle, Perry was forced to leave his original flagship, the Lawrence, and board the Niagara. Perry immediately put the Niagara at full sail and assaulted the British line. Within minutes, the British surrendered and the Battle of Lake Erie was over. The Niagara was stripped and sunk in Misery Bay in 1833. The Niagara was raised and rebuilt in 1912, and was again rebuilt in 1939 and 1990. Today, she sails Lake Erie, acting as an emissary for the city of Erie, with a crew of mostly volunteer sailors.

 

Room and Furniture Dimensions
  Length Width Height
Bedroom 15' 5" 11' 7' 9"
Door   3' 6' 11"
Window   5' 9" 4' 7"
Closet 2' 3' 4" 7'
Bed 6' 8" 3' Adjustable up to 2'
Mattress 6' 8" 3' 7"
Desk 2' 6" 3' 6" 5' 7"
Microfridge 1' 7" 1' 6" 3' 10"
Desk Chair 1' 7" 1' 6" 2' 7"
Dresser 1' 8" 2' 3' 11"

 

Niagara Hall Floor Plan

Behrend Niagara Hall