Tigress Hall

Tigress Hall offers double-occupancy suites for eight upperclass students. Each suite includes two full bathrooms, each with a separate vanity and shower/toilet areas. A laundry facility is conveniently located in the basement. Tigress was built in 1991 and houses 65 students.

Tigress Hall was name after the one-gun schooner Tigress. The schooner was originally named Amelia, and was built in Erie. Launched in April 1813, the Tigress was commanded by Lieutenant Augustus H.M. Conklin. The Tigress and Scorpion schooners were standing watch on the entrance to the Nautawasaga River in late summer 1814, when Tigress was taken over by four boatloads of British and Indians. In 1913, the remains of the schooner were raised and placed on the town dock at Penetanquishene, Ontario.

Room and Furniture Dimensions
  Length Width Height
Bedroom 15" 12' 7' 10"
Hallway 2' 2" 3' 7" 7' 10"
Bathroom 5' 8" 6' 4" 7' 10"
Shower 2' 7" 2' 7" 6' 7"
Vanity Area 5' 6' 4" 7' 10"
Door   3' 6' 11"
Window   4' 1" 4'
Closet 1' 7" 5' 7" 7' 10"
Bed 6' 8" 3' Adjustable up to 2'
Mattress 6' 8" 3' 7"
Desk 2' 3' 9" 6
Microfridge 1' 7" 1' 6" 3' 10"
Desk Chair 1' 7" 1' 6" 2' 7"
Dresser 1' 8" 2' 6" 3' 8"

Tigress Hall Floor Plan

Behrend Tigress Hall