Hello Goodness Vending Machines Offer Better-for-You Options
Penn State students, faculty, and staff can now grab healthier on-the-go options, thanks to new PepsiCo's Hello Goodness vending platform.
Launched in 2015, the new innovative vending machine features a wide range of refrigerated and non-refrigerated PepsiCo products such as Pure Leaf iced tea, Naked Juice, Propel Electrolyte Water, Tropicana Pure Premium, Smartfood Delight popcorn, Lay's Oven Baked potato chips, Quaker Real Medleys bars, and SABRA(r) Ready-to-Eat Hummus cups.
Besides providing consumers with snack choices they can feel good about, the Hello Goodness vending machine offer several other advantages beyond traditional vending machines:
- Features a digital point-of-sale touch screen with product nutritional information
- Suggests food and beverage pairing ideas for snacking at various times of the day
- Gives PepsiCo real-time consumer preference insights to further inform future offerings
- Contains dual climate-control shelving, allowing both perishable and non-perishable items to be vended together at the correct temperature
- Allows for highly secure cashless and digital vending
The machines' card readers accept all forms of payment, including credit, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and the Penn State id+ Card. If for any reason the machine does not vend a product, the credit card or student card is not charged or the cash is refunded.
Hello Goodness machines can be found at various locations at University Park, including classroom buildings, residence halls, Pattee Library, The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, and Rec Hall. Machines are also at various locations at Penn State Altoona, Harrisburg, and Mont Alto. Watch for more machines coming to additional locations soon.